cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to scan multiple pages into one document - Canon MX922

KIT26520
Apprentice

Dear Canon Community,

I have been unable to get multiple pages to scan in as one document.  I always end up with each page as a separate document, what am I doing wrong?  Please advise?

Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I have an MX472, so there might be some differences, but when you use IJ Scan Utility do you not get this window:

Annotation 2020-04-30 092537.jpg

And this option in Settings?

Annotation 2020-04-30 093117.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
You don’t need to unplug the printer. Just download and install the scan utility.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I have an MX472, so there might be some differences, but when you use IJ Scan Utility do you not get this window:

Annotation 2020-04-30 092537.jpg

And this option in Settings?

Annotation 2020-04-30 093117.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

KIT26520
Apprentice

Thank you for replying. So, I am NOT tech savvy, I did manage to find out how to download the Canon IJ Scan Utility.  I will try this in a bit when I have time to close out all my apps and unplug the printer etc etc.  

I will let you know if I have any success.  Thank you again!

You can also use the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) located at the top of the printer. It's a little faster since you don't have to keep opening the lid and replacing each page one by one but the quality is not as good from my experience. I only use it for text documents. Place all of the pages into the Automatic Document Feeder facing up with the top end in first. Click the Scan button on your printer. Then, make sure the Save/Forward location is set to PC (Local USB). When you are ready press the White button located on the right side of the printer if you want it to scan in black and white. If you want to scan in color press the Green button. It should automatically get saved to your computer as a PDF. I hope this helps.

Thank you for responding, I was able to download the Canon IJ Scan Utility and it worked.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
You don’t need to unplug the printer. Just download and install the scan utility.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

IT WORKED!!!!!!   THANK YOU!!

Announcements