Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

How to scan from pixma mx922 to Chromebook?

Can't figure out how to scan from pixma mx922 to ASUS chromebook. Can anyone help?

Community Manager

Re: How to scan from pixma mx922 to Chromebook?

Scanning when using a Chromebook is not a feature that is supported by the Chrome OS.

If you have an item that you wish to scan with your PIXMA MX922 and then save it on your Chromebook, you can can and save the item to a USB flash drive and then insert that flash drive into your Chromebook and move it to its hard drive.

To scan with your PIXMA MX922 and save to a USB flash drive, please view this page of the PIXMA MX922's On Line Manual:

New Contributor

Yes, that's what I had read. When I purchased the printer from Amazon, the description said it was compatible with chromebook for printing (cloud) and for scanning. It didn't mention flash drive so thought I could scan to email or to the cloud and then print. Guess not. Unfortunate.

New Contributor

I've bougth the same thinking it will be supported by chromebok :-( 

New Contributor

Download Canon Print  App on your phone or chrome book, connect your printer to the app and it works