cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to scan at greater than 600dpi on MG5420

Kryophun
Apprentice

The specifications for the scanner on the Canon MG5420 say that it has a maximum optical resolution of 2400 x 4800 dpi. However, when I adjust the scan settings using the options in the on-device screen, the highest resolution it lets me choose for scanning an image is 600 dpi.

How can I adjust the scan resolution to be higher than 600 dpi, up to the maximum specified resolution of 2400 x 4800 dpi?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Kryophun,

Please open the IJ Scan Utility.  On the Utility, click the Scan Gear or Driver button.  It is the last button on the right.

Using the driver, click the Advanced Mode tab in the upper right.

In the Output Settings section, choose your desired DPI.

Select a resolution from the drop down box, or manually enter a value within the range of 25 dpi to 19200 dpi (in 1 dpi increments) in that box.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Try the IJ Scanning Utility and select photo.  If I recal, document scanning might be limited to 600DPI.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Kryophun,

Please open the IJ Scan Utility.  On the Utility, click the Scan Gear or Driver button.  It is the last button on the right.

Using the driver, click the Advanced Mode tab in the upper right.

In the Output Settings section, choose your desired DPI.

Select a resolution from the drop down box, or manually enter a value within the range of 25 dpi to 19200 dpi (in 1 dpi increments) in that box.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements