cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove G3411 PIXMA ink tanks?

DrLevi
Apprentice

Hello,

I'm using my printer to print stencils for tattoos, and accidentally added colour ink into the colour ink tanks. I have removed the ink with a needle and syringe, but the leftover ink is still merging with my stencil ink (placed in the black ink tank).

I've tried almost EVERYTHING, but my stencils still come out completely black (should be blue), and don't transfer onto skin. I believe it's because the printer is merging colour ink with the black, despite its settings being on "black only" and printing solid black images from my PC (Windows 10, in case that's important).

My only solution seems to be to completely clean the colour tanks and place some stencil ink into each to prevent damaging the printer.

How can I remove these ink tanks, or rather, will I be able to clean them completely?

2 REPLIES 2

Porcha
Rising Star

Hi,

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I am not aware of any way to (easily) remove these tanks for cleaning.  I have encountered 2 people at work who actually filled their reservoirs incorrectly, (example) color ink in black tank or vise-versa which in the end turned out to be unrecoverable.  These were both epson mega tanks. 

While disassembly might be possible, I have not seen a documented procedure for this. 

Are you using blue ink in the black reservoir for the transfer images?  Its a great idea and I'm sure helpful in your line of work. 

Even if the "Black only setting" is used, the printer wil use color ink to print blacks if its available.  I just don't believe you have an easy way to fix this since the printer expects to have all of its tanks filled with ink.  Any left over residue might cause other problems in the long term.        

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements