cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close the front paper tray on a Pixma TS8150

marcvarc
Apprentice

I would like to completely close the front paper tray on my new Pixma TS8150 printer.

When it was boxed, the bottom front tray was completely closed, i.e. it didn't stick out at all.

Now I am using the printer the front paper tray protrudes by about an inch and a half.

The online manual says, under the heading 'Transforting your printer'  

"4. Close the operation panel, the paper support, the rear tray cover, and the document tray.

5. If the cassette is extended, contract it.

So my question is, how do I contract the printer tray or cassette back into the body of the printer?

It doesn't just push back in to how it was when the printer was delivered.

It always sticks out by about an inch and a half.

Many thanks if you can answer this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Can't see that you had a reply,

Tke the tray out completely.  The tray has been extended when yo take it out . The top bit slides to accomodate the paper and you need to slide it back.

There should be a triangle that you gently push down as you slide the top black bit towards the front of the paper cassette .This makes the cassette small enough to pack away completey

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If the cassette tray was expanded to load letter or A4 sized paper, it will stick out of the printer.  The tray can only use A4, B5, A5, or Letter-sized plain paper.  The only way to "hide" the tray would be to remove any paper from the tray and collapse it back down to its shipping size, then use the rear tray exclusively for all of your printing.

Visit the following link for more details:

PIXMA TS8100 Series Online Manual- Loading Paper in the Cassette

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

marcvarc
Apprentice
Thank you for your reply Michael. You say “The only way to "hide" the tray would be to remove any paper from the tray and collapse it back down to its shipping size”.
That is exactly what I want to do.
But how? The manual doesn’t say.

Can't see that you had a reply,

Tke the tray out completely.  The tray has been extended when yo take it out . The top bit slides to accomodate the paper and you need to slide it back.

There should be a triangle that you gently push down as you slide the top black bit towards the front of the paper cassette .This makes the cassette small enough to pack away completey

Re: How to close the front paper tray on a Pixma TS8150

marcvarc
Apprentice
Dear Tiggy,
Many thanks for your reply. I had eventually found this out some time ago. You knew! which is better than any contact from Canon. Kudos!
Regards and thanks again, Marc
Announcements