cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to I scan a document and save it to my computer?

jmkj1234
Apprentice

I just bought a PIXMA MG2920. How to I scan a document and save it to my computer? There is no buttons on the front, just the print buttons.

16 REPLIES 16

I selected the IJ scan utility and enabled it. There is still no way to select scan from anywhere I can find...Windows 10. I have used pixma printer/scanners previously and not had any trouble. I don't understand. Is there a step by step writeup that can be viewed to walk us through this?

discountcenter
Apprentice

The PIXMA MG2920 is a compact Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One printer that offers real convenience and remarkable affordability. Copy, scan and print from virtually anywhere around the house with its wireless capability. You can find the IJ Scan Utility in the Start Menu. Open the Start Menu and go to programs in order to access the Canon Utilities.

I have just bought a Canon MG2950S printer and would like to scan from it.  It seems this is possible from reading this thread.  But the ij scanner only recognises my previous (MX520 series) printer when I click the scanner selector.  I can't get it to find the new printer even connected by a usb cable.  Please help;

Maalou
Apprentice

Maalou
Apprentice
How to can a document from canon pixma 2940 to the computer?

cleverclogs
Apprentice

how can I scan a document into my computer using my canon MG2400?

Hi cleverclogs,

You can scan a document and save it to your computer using the IJ Scan Utility program that comes with the printer.  To do this, please follow the steps shown here.

Should you need further assistance, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements