cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you scan slides using a MG7720 with a Mac?

Cappy
Apprentice

I'm having the hardest time. On My Image Garden there's no film postive/negative selections. Just photo, document and magazine. I'm not even sure if this is an actual magazine. So confusing. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I do not believe the MG7720 scans slide.  Only MG series with a slide caddy.  I suggest you purchase a dedicated slide scanner.  Amazon has tons of them and they are a huge time saver.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I do not believe the MG7720 scans slide.  Only MG series with a slide caddy.  I suggest you purchase a dedicated slide scanner.  Amazon has tons of them and they are a huge time saver.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

That's all I need is another piece of hardware lying around. I used to have an Epson printer and a PC. I could do anything with that setup. I only have 4 slides to scan. I'll just take them to a photo place. Thank you so much for the quick responds. This was my first time on the canon community. Last night I spent hours reading blogs and watching videos to no avail.

-David NYC

Greetings,

Yes.  If only 4...  Walgreens or any reputable online photo transfer service. 

I'm sure I owned that same Epson scanner which did do everything.  Good days long gone.     

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Cappy,

Unfortunately that model is unable to scan slides. To scan slides, the printer will need a film light built into the lid to illuminate the film as it scans. The last Pixma model that could scan film was the MG8120.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements