cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you clear Error Message 3100? After installing the New inks, On NEW ‘Canon MX432’ Printer

Anselmo_MSW
Apprentice

Have NEW ‘Canon MX432’, (1)-followed the instructions to set language without problem, next step, checked for the Set ink cartridge Message, (2)-and then opened the Paper Output Tray and the Paper Output Cover.

On the second try; (3)-the Head Cover opened automatically, (4)-then lowered the Color Ink Cartridge Lever, (5)-Unpacked the FINE Cartridge and remove the protective tape, (6)-then Inserted the FINE Cartridge straight in until it stopped, (7)-and lifted the Color Ink Cartridge Lever.

Next did the same steps (8) - (9) - (10)- (11)-to the Black Cartridge, next (12)-Closed the Paper Output Cover.

*** Should I have waited and lifted both Levers at the same time? ***

(13)-Waited for printer, (14)-got error Message; ”Printer Error occurred”, then the numbers; “5100”.

Have tried unplugging the printer a few minutes and repeating the steps from the start to no avail.

Next will go buy new Ink and try again or return this Canon MX432 Printer, for a different Model.

Do not want to install new Ink Color and Black Cartridges until I understand the problem solution.

Have used Canon products for over 30 years never had this problem or any problems with their products which could not be resolved by me.

Steps Followed:

*** Do you see a problem with these steps taken? ***

(1)- Set language

Waited for the “Set ink cartridge” Message

(2)- Opened the Paper Output Tray and the Paper Output Cover

(3)-The Head Cover opened automatically

(4)-Lowered the Color Ink Cartridge Lever

(5)-Unpacked the Color FINE Cartridge and remove the protective tape

(6)-Inserted the FINE Cartridge straight in until it stopped

(7)-Lifted the Color Ink Cartridge Lever

(8)-Lowered the Black Ink Cartridge Lever on the left

(9)-Unpacked the Black FINE Cartridge and remove the protective tape

(10)-Inserted the Black FINE Cartridge straight in until it stopped

(11)-Lifted the Color Ink Cartridge Lever

(13)-Closed the Paper Output Cover

*** Should I have waited and lifted both Levers at the same time? ***

(13)-Waited for printer

(14)-Got error Message: ”Printer Error occurred”, then the numbers; “5100”

1 REPLY 1

Devin
Enthusiast

Hi Anselmo_MSW!

It looks as though you have followed the correct steps and no, you do not need to lift up both levers at the same time. 

The error code 5100 indicates that an internal error has occurred which may be resolved by resetting the printer.  Please follow these steps for isolating and resetting the printer:

1.  Open the printer's front cover, and then open and close the print head lock lever (do not remove the print head).

2.  Make sure all ink tanks are seated properly.

3.  Make sure all packing materials have been removed.

4.  Make sure no paper is jammed in the printer.

5.  Disconnect the printer cable from the printer.

6.  Close the front cover and turn the printer off.

7.  Unplug the printer from the power source, and then plug it back in after five minutes.

8.  Power on the printer.

If the error returns, the printer will require service options.  I realize you have just purchased this and wanted to let you know that this is not the normal operation of our printers.  What I would recommend is contacting a Canon Representative using the following link to learn of your service options.  Contact Us.

Announcements