cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i print 4x6 pic on 4x6 paper

Helpmeprint
Apprentice
I am using an HP laptop with Windows 10, and printer Canon MG3022. I put 4x6 photo paper in, put 4x6 as paper size and glossy photo paper type and 4x6 photo size but it says it won't fit on paper. If I choose 3.5x5 size the picture is offset. How do I print a 4x6 on a 4x6 paper???
1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hello, Helpmeprint.

Which program is being used to print to the MG3022?  The MG3022 does not support borderless printing, so if your program is offering that capability, it will cause a conflict with regards to the printer's capabilities.

If you're selecting 4x6 as a custom paper size, then the printable area will not match the paper size.

If the aspect ratio is different than that of the paper (2 : 3 or 3 : 2), then it will need to be cropped to match, or else it will print with uneven margins.

When loading the 4 x 6 paper in the rear tray, ensure it's on the right side of the paper guide.  If it's on the left side, it will not feed properly, and the printer may respond as if the wrong type of paper is loaded.  Also ensure photo paper is loaded print-side-up in the rear tray.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements