cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i find out my printer model from the serial number

chadman2007
Apprentice

Hi

How can i find the model of my printer just from the serial number?

I know its a Pixma MG3000 series but not the actual model.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

17 REPLIES 17

Tiffany

Hi Chadman2007,

Welcome to the Canon forum! Your printer's model number should be located on the top and/or the front of your printer.  Canon printer models usually have model names that begin with 2 or 3 letters--such as iP, MP, MF, MX, MG, MB, or LBP, to name a few--followed by as many as 4 numerals.  Once you find this, you will have found your printer's model number.

If you need help looking it up by the serial number or if this is an urgent support need, please 
CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email. 

Thank you!

CanonuserSamu
Apprentice

LRHD[xxxxx] that's the serial number of my printer could you tell me the model of it? I lost the manual for it.

[numerical portion of serial number removed for privacy concerns]

Hi! A serial number beginning with "LRH" corresponds to the Canon PIXMA E510 multifunction printer. This printer is not offered through or supported by Canon USA.

We hope this helps!

hi, I need help too. My serial number starts with KJLM. it's a pixma printer / scanner. what's the model name for this device? thanks

Hi pixmakjlm,

The model number would be on the front edge of the printer, or near the display of the printer.  It will begin with "PIXMA" and then 2 letters, MX, MG, TS, TR, etc, and then 3 or 4 numbers.

Also, on the back of the printer, there should be a number that starts with K and if you and provide that number, we can look up the model.  Example would be K1056 or similar.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

To clarify Patrick's response, we have not made a printer with a serial number beginning with "KJLM."  As he mentioned, your printer's model name should be clearly visible on the top and/or front of the unit.  Feel free to include a photo of it if you're unsure.

Hope this helps!

Hi all,

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-17 at 8.40.21 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-17 at 8.40.40 AM.jpeg

[Removed photo of serial number per forum guidelines]

Masked serial number is KJLMXXXXX

Here are the pics

Your printer model should be on the top of your printer, above the power button, or on the front of the printer. If you send photos we can help you find it. We still don't see that beginning for US model printers. 

Jenn1
Contributor
Hi I need help to find my model number my Serial number is JJUA*****
Announcements