cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off launching CaptureOnTouch when placing an ID card in the ImageFormula P-215 scanner

MichaelJB42
Apprentice

My company currently uses the P-215 to scan documents and ID cards into our application using a TWAIN scanning interface. Some of our customers also use the CaptureOnTouch software for other purposes. 

The issue is that every time a user loads an ID card into the scanner ID slot, the CaptureOnTouch software opens over the top of our scanning interface. This does not occur when loading paper documents into the full page portion of the scanner. 

How can I get around this?  It appears there is no way to bypass the ID card opening CaptureOnTouch.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Deborah
Enthusiast

Hi MichaelJB42,

Based on the description of what is occurring, it is possible that the small black Auto-switch on the back of the scanner is set to "On".  

Try looking at the back of your ImageFormula P-215.  When looking straight at the back of the scanner you will see a small switch to the left of a port.  Follow by moving the switch to "Off"; then proceed to perform the same steps as before using an ID Card to determine if the issue has been resolved or the CaptureOnTouch software opens over the top of your scanning interface again.

If these steps do not resolve or address the issue you are experiencing, please Contact Us and our technical support agents will gladly assist you in narrowing down the cause of the issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I also have this same exact problem. It is not on auto. When I put in a **bleep** or a business card, the utility automatically opens and scans it. Sounds like that would be a cool feature but this is for a bank and it has to be scanned into their software. So, because the CaptureOnTouch software automatically opens, we get an error on the screen. This happens without going through the banking software (just sitting on the Windows desktop). I uninstalled CaptureOnTouch but all that did was remove it from Pragrams and Features. The program is still installed. How do I know, when I insert an ID, it opens still.

Is there some way to disable this auto-scanning of IDs? MichaelJB was correct; this auto-scan feature has no effect on regular documents, just IDs. These IDs are fed through the front of the scanner, not the top like documents.

If you can somehow find a way to make this stop auto-scanning, that'd be awesome!

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mbode,

A Lite version of CaptureOnTouch (or CoT) is built into the machine. The Auto Start Switch determines whether this program starts or not. Since you mention that the switch is already off and you have uninstalled the full version of CoT from your computer, please try the following:

1. Disconnect one end of the USB cable that is connecting the scanner to the computer.

2. Turn your computer off.

3. Turn your computer back on.

4. Toggle the Auto Start Switch back and forth ten times and then leave it in the off position.

5. Connect the scanner to the computer with a USB cable.

6. Launch the scanning program on your computer.

If CoT is still starting when you load an ID card, please check if it is the Lite Version or the full version and let us know. It will also help if you provide the information regarding your computer’s operating system. If you’d like, you can call Canon at 1-800-828-4040. We are open Monday - Friday 8:00 A.M. - 6:30 P.M. ET.

Announcements