cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop my MX870 fax from interrupting calls?

Carrolls355
Apprentice

My parents have an MX870 Printer/scanner/fax, and it's hooked up to receive faxes. For years now, my mother has dealt with the thing interrupting calls on a very, very frequent basis. If it's any indication of the frequency, I usually can't get through a 20 minute call to her without the thing interrupting it with fax noises and disconnecting the call.

Does anyone know a solution other than disconnecting the fax? It's not the newest machine, but I'm pretty sure they wont be getting a new one any time soon. And they do receive faxes occasionally, so they I don't think they want to disconnect it entirely. I know almost nothing about fax machines and very little about printers. I've never owned a canon. But I'm hoping to help them out if I can. Any solutions?

Thanks!

Steve

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi Carrolls355,

Adjusting the Manual/Auto Switch setting should resolve the issue you are experiencing.  To do this, please follow the steps located at the link below:

PIXMA MX870 Adjusting Manual/Auto Switch Setting

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements