cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set the default folder in which to save scans?

fralom
Apprentice

I'm using an MX922.   I think someone asked the same question for the MX850, but I didn't find any replies.  Would like to change the folder that the front panel SCAN button sends the file to.

Thanks for any help.

6 REPLIES 6

Jason
Whiz

Hi, fralom!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Using Windows 7 on a pc and Windows 8.1 on a laptop.

I just wanted this scanner to scan documents which I could save in my documents and be able to send electronically to commercial bodies etc. I did not especially desire 'Canon Garden'. At present I can see my scanned documents in Canon Garden but cannot find a way to unlock the garden gate! Please help as i urgently need to send travel cancellation documents to my travel insurance company!

Roger and over

Ramona
Authority

Hi fralom,

To change the default save location when scanning items using the operation panel of the printer, please follow these steps:

1.  Open the IJ Scan Utility.

2.  Click the SETTINGS... button at the bottom right of the window.

3.  At the top of the window that opens, click the second tab that looks like a disc drive.

4.  Select either the SAVE TO PC (PHOTO) or SAVE TO PC (DOCUMENT) option, depending on what type of scan you plan on performing and would like to change the save location for.

5.  In the right pane of the window, locate the SAVE IN field in the SAVE SETTINGS section.  By default, the save location is set to DOCUMENTS.

6.  To change the save location, click the drop-down arrow next to the SAVE IN field, and if the location that you want to save to is not listed as a selection, click the ADD... option.

7.  In the Select Destination Folder window that opens, click the ADD button, then navigate to the folder location where you would like your scan saved.  If the folder does not exist, click the MAKE NEW FOLDER button and create a folder in the location where you would like the item saved.

8.  When you are done selecting the save location, press the OK button.  The selected save location will now be displayed in the SAVE IN field.

9.  In the APPLICATION SETTINGS section, select what application you would like to open after the scan has been completed.  If you just want the scanned item to be saved, but no application to open, select the DO NOT START ANY APPLICATION option.

10.  Once all items are set, please click the OK button to return to the main IJ Scan Utility window.  

The above settings will now be the defaults each time you scan from the operation panel of the printer until you change it.  

Hope this helps!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Like many I read this and missed the most important step which was to select the Second Tab which contains the Scan to PC settings

Capture.JPG

I do not get the option of make new folder (mentioned in number 7). I have Windows 10and my printer is MG3600 series. Thanks.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements