cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set the default folder in which to save scans? (MX 850)

Exhigits
Apprentice

I am trying to set the default location where scanned documents / images get saved from a MX850.

In MP Navigator (ver 1.1, downloaded and installed today) I have gone to 'Preferences' and under the 'Scanner Button Tab'  I have set the 'Save in' folder to the folder I want (C:\...\Scanned Stuff) and have ticked the box to say 'save to a subfolder with current date' .

I have repeated this process for each possible event;

• 'Save to PC',
  • 'Save as PDF file',
  • 'Attach to email'
  • and 'Open with application'

Under the 'General' tab I have also set the 'Save in (My Box)' path to the same location  (C:\...\Scanned Stuff).

Now... Opening MP navigator correctly shows me files inside C:\...\Scanned Stuff and scanning via the MP navigator software correctly saves new scans in that location.

However, Doing a scan of any sort by pressing the physical scan button on the printer front panel always saves the scan in the location C:\Users\MyName\Pictures\MP Navigator EX  (using a subfolder of the current date).

How can I make the physical scan button save in the location I have set up in MP navigator?

4 REPLIES 4

Islandman
Apprentice

I used the IJ utility that came with my TS6300 printer/scanner.  When I save a scanned file in a folder of my choosing, the utility also saves the image in my documents folder.  How can I eliminate saving in the documents folder?

Hi Islandman.

Please confirm if you are changing the folder information in Section B or Section C of the Settings screen:

figure: Settings dialog box

We look forward to your reply.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

In section B I changed the file name, I changed documents to the specific file in a folder under documents and I changed  data format to single/multiple pages as appropriate. In doing that the document I scanned appears in both Documents as an IMG file and in the subfolder as the file I named.

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Exhigits.

You will need to access the Scanner Button settings within the MP Navigator:

To view this screen, select Preferences on the main MP Navigator window:

I hope this information is helpful. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements