cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I scan with my MX439?

kashsmommy08
Apprentice

How do i scan documents to my computer from my MX439. 

6 REPLIES 6

Naomi
Enthusiast

Hi kashsmommy08!

To better assist you, we need a bit more information.   Please let us know what operating system you have installed on your computer, and if you have the PIXMA MX439 software and drivers installed.  That way, our Canon Forum members and our Subject Matter Experts will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for you.

Thanks!

We have windows 8 and I downloaded all the drivers that were on the disk that came with the canon.

Hi Kashsmommy08,

The MP Navigator software supplied with the MX439 will allow you to scan.  If you don't have an icon for MP Navigator on your desktop, put your mouse in the bottom left corner to bring up the start screen and just type MP Navigator, and it should come up as one of the installed programs.  Once MP Navigator is open, the easiest way to go about scanning would be to click the One Click Menu.  If you wan't to scan a document, choose save as PDF.  If you want to scan a picture, choose Save to PC.  From there you can choose the filename, save location and resolution you wish to use to perform the scan.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I got a question. I can print wirelessly,but I cant scan wirelessly. What should I do??

Hi rward88,

Assuming you have installed the drivers and are using the MP Navigator program to scan, it may be a simple setting within the application.

1. Start MP Navigator EX.

2. Click Preferences.

3. Click the General tab and select "XXX series Network" (where "XXX" is the model name) for Product Name.

figure: Preferences dialog box

If this didn't work, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having problems with my 439 as well. I can't scan wirelessly. I can plug in through USB and it works great but not through the network. Do you have any ideas?? I can print wireless,but not scan.

Announcements