cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I scan multiple pages and have them save as one pdf file? I keep getting a file for each.

trepc
Apprentice

I'm new to my Canon Pixma multifunction and having a difficult time getting settings correct to scan from my automatic feeder multiple pages and get them to email as one document.    Suggestions please?  

59 REPLIES 59

Hi, DC3!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model of the printer you have.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

Hi, My name is Marlina 

I have the Canon Pixma MG3620... I'd like to request the same help.

I don't know what is my MP Navigator, but if you know how I can find it, I'd be more than willing to do so.

Thank You

Canon MG5765 

I have a Pixma MP283 and Windows OS10

sandrahalleran
Apprentice

I am having the same trouble.  I have MX922.  I am scanning through the Canon Image Garden.  Each page is saved as a separate PDF and I can't find a setting to combine the pages.

For the MX922, I prefer to use the IJ Scan Utility instead of My Image Garden
<br>
<br>
http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1011&PARTITION_ID=1&secu...

robertlvoss
Apprentice
Me too

wolf
Apprentice
my mx 360 wont scan as one pdf , very frustrating, im off to an office supplier to scan externally , please someone advise me how to manage thanks heaps

kathypat
Apprentice

I am using a Canon Pixma MG5420. Here is my process for scanning multiple PDF pages into a single document on a MacBook Pro:

1. Place document on the scanner.

2. Open the Preview application. If needed, the Preview application can be located from the Search function (magnifying glass.

3. From the menu bar, select File --> Import from Scanner --> (name of your printer). This opens a second window titled Import from Canon MG5400 series, and the printer immediately produces an overview of your document. 

4. Use gripper "handles" (blue dots) to set the desired scan area if needed.

5. Make your scan preferences in the dialogue section on the right side of the window. NOTE: Be sure that PDF is selected as the format and that the "Combine Into Single Document" checkbox immediate below is checked.

6. Click the Scan button at the lower right of the window and allow the printer to complete scanning the first page. 

7. Remove the first document and place the next document on the scanner.

8. Click the Overview button at the bottom right of the window and allow printer to complete the overview of the second page. 

9. Use the blue gripper handles to set the desired scan area if needed.

10. Click the Scan button at the bottom right of the window and allow printer to complete scanning the second page. 

11. Repeat steps 7-10 as many times as necessary until all pages are scanned.

12. Return to the open Preview window which will now display the pages which have just been scanned.

13. From the menu bar, select File --> Move To. This opens a dialogue box which allows you to name your PDF file and select the location where you want it to be filed. Make these choices and save your multi-page PDF document.

Announcements