03-27-2017 10:41 AM
Please help... how do i scan multiple pages and have them as one pdf file ? I keep getting a file for each
03-27-2017 11:05 AM
Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!
To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what printer and operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!
If this is a time-sensitive matter and you are in the US, our technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at usa.canon.com/support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).
If you are outside of the US, Canon in your country will be able to assist you. Please go to www.canon.com and choose your region for assistance.
05-18-2017 11:51 AM
The "My Image Garden" software that comes with your unit can be used to scan multiple pages and then save them in one PDF file. To scan with My Image Garden, please follow these steps:
1. Place the first page that you wish to scan face down on the scanner glass of your PIXMA mg7720.
2. Click on Start, All Programs, Canon Utilities, My Image Garden and then My Image Garden to open the program.
3. Click Scan in the menu on the left hand side.
4. Click Auto or one of the other scanning options at the top.
5. Scanning will start and when it is completed, the image appears as a thumbnail.
6. Place the next page face down on the scanner and repeat the scanning process until all of the pages have been scanned.
7. Once scanning is complete, please click the Save As PDF button.
8. Click Save at the bottom right of the Scan view to display the Save dialog box.
9. Give the file a descriptive name in the File Name box.
10. Click Browse next to Save In and choose a location that you wish to save the PDF file.
11. Next to Data Format, choose PDF (Multiple Pages) from the drop down list.
12. Click Save and the multiple page PDF will be saved in the location that was specified.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:
05-26-2017 06:08 PM
To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model of the printer you have.
If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF
06-03-2017 04:58 PM
Hi, My name is Marlina
I have the Canon Pixma MG3620... I'd like to request the same help.
I don't know what is my MP Navigator, but if you know how I can find it, I'd be more than willing to do so.
06-12-2017 05:00 PM
I have a Pixma TS8050 and use Windows 10. I've tried what you described but miss item 7. in My Image Garden. Clicking on Save still gets me separate documents, not 1 with multiple pages.
06-13-2017 04:06 AM - edited 06-13-2017 04:07 AM
As an alternative to the My Image Garden program, the PIXMA TS8050 comes with the IJ Scan Utility that can be used to create a multi-page PDF file. To scan using the IJ Scan Utility program, please follow these steps:
1. Place the first page of the document you would like to scan on the platen glass of the printer.
2. Open the IJ Scan Utility by going to your WINDOWS START menu, then select ALL APPS, then CANON UTILITIES, then IJ SCAN UTILITY.
3. In the Canon IJ Scan Utility window that opens, click SETTINGS.... in the bottom right of the window. The Settings dialog box appears.
4. Click the DOCUMENT SCAN option on the left pane of the window.
5. In the SAVE SETTINGS section of the window, you will select the save format and location of the document you are about to scan.
a.) In the FILE NAME field, specify the name you would like to give the file. By default the filename will begin with IMG; you can remove IMG and change it to whatever you would like to name the file.
b.) In the DATA FORMAT field, use the drop-down arrow to select the PDF (MULTIPLE PAGES) option.
c.) In the SAVE IN field, please navigate to the area where you would like the file to be saved once it is scanned in. By default, the file will be saved in the MY DOCUMENTS folder.
6. Once all settings have been selected, click the OK button at the bottom of the window to save the changes. The IJ Scan Utility main screen appears.
7. Click the DOCUMENT button. Scanning starts. Click the CANCEL button to cancel scanning if needed. Scanned items are saved in previously selected folder location specified in the SETTINGS... window.
Once the items above are set for document scanning, in the future, you will only need to launch the IJ Scan Utility, then press the DOCUMENT button to perform the scan (unless you want to make changes to the settings).
Hope this helps! Should you need further assistance, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative at one of the methods provided here. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.