cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I print on a printable DVD on the TS9020

Docjon
Contributor

I'd LIKE to make an image using a photoshop template, then print that image to disk.

There's no option to to select the 'disk tray' when I go to print, and whenever I insert the disk tray, the printer tells me it's jammed.  It won't print to the tray.

I have successfully printed to a disk using only printer features.  I scanned a DVD image with it, then using the printer control panel, I was able to select the disk tray and print it.  I cannot do it from within Windows, however.

I installed "My Image Garden", which I really don't have any interest in using or having on my computer, only because that's how the online PDF manual says to print a disk.  I followed the directions, and it did not work either. It printed from the paper cassette, giving me no option to select the 'disk tray', just the paper cassette or the rear tray.

I've spent hours installing/uninstalling/reinstalling Canon drivers and software, surfing the internet for help and ideas.  I'm quite frustrated and not terribly happy right now.

Assuming we can get this to work at all, will I be able to print disks from any software, or only the "My Image Garden" software?  

Specs:

Windows 10 Pro-64

16GB Ram

Ryzen 1700x

Asrock Taichi x370

Samsung Evo 960 512gb SSD boot drive

lots of HD space

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found something to make it work. I was considering not sharing the solution.  I ALWAYS detail the solutions to problems I discuss, for ppl who have similar problems to come along later and make use of, but this had me so angry I didn't want to promote this product.  That's not cool, though, so here's what I found.

This piece of software did the job for me: Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker

It worked when I could not get My Image Garden to work.  It's not the easiest thing to use, but it's not the hardest either.  It has a lot of features which might take awhile to get used to.  Be sure to select the printer series you're using - there's a LOT of printers and label types to choose from.

It's about $20, unforunately, but it has a free trial, so give it a try.  Hope it works out for you.  I'm just thrilled I got this working!  The $20 is worth it to me to not have to return this, and then spend even more on another printer.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Docjon
Contributor
OK, seriously guys, I just uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers/software from the website again. Does no one know how to operate one of the advertised functions of this product? No one?

I'll even use the Image Garden software if I have to for this purpose, but when I use it, I'm not getting an option to use the disk tray! It errors out as a 'paper jam' when I insert the disk and tray, carefully and according to directions, with the arrows lining up. . .

I'm heading towards returning this and getting a competitor's product. I've NEVER had such a problem trying to use a printer for its intended use, and I've been buying and using printers since the early 80's.

Mine did the exact same thing.  Still trying to figure it out before I return it.

I found something to make it work. I was considering not sharing the solution.  I ALWAYS detail the solutions to problems I discuss, for ppl who have similar problems to come along later and make use of, but this had me so angry I didn't want to promote this product.  That's not cool, though, so here's what I found.

This piece of software did the job for me: Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker

It worked when I could not get My Image Garden to work.  It's not the easiest thing to use, but it's not the hardest either.  It has a lot of features which might take awhile to get used to.  Be sure to select the printer series you're using - there's a LOT of printers and label types to choose from.

It's about $20, unforunately, but it has a free trial, so give it a try.  Hope it works out for you.  I'm just thrilled I got this working!  The $20 is worth it to me to not have to return this, and then spend even more on another printer.

I have mac so I ended up downloading CD-LabelPrint Free here:

https://download.freedownloadmanager.org/Mac-OS/CD-LabelPrint/FREE-1.9.0.html 

and IT WORKS NOW!  Thanks for your help.  Looks like you just can't use the Canon "My Image Garden" junk

Great news! Now when someone Googles "canon ts9020 print disc disk dvd" or the like, maybe they'll come here and be able to solve their problem. People with a Macintosh or Windows 10 computer can print their disks.

If I repeat things like Mac, macintosh, win10 or Windows 10, and the name of the printer, the Canon ts9020, it makes it more likely to show up in searches. 🙂

I spent so much time working on this, I just wasn't going to solve it without someone's help. Fortunately, someone on another forum had the solution. So glad it's solved.

Hi - did Acoustica offer the multipurpose tray as an option?  When using it with my TS8250 it doesn't...thanks

TS9020 and Acoustica CD Label Maker...  I had this on my PC and it worked in the past with my old Canon Printer, but it was NOT working now.  I even clicked on 'check for update' and it said I had the newest version.  HOWEVER, when I went to their Web Site and looked at its list of supported printers it had my TS9020 and a whole bunch more Canon Printers listed that it did not have llisted before and were NOT in the drop down list of my current Acoustica Software!  So I downloaded another copy from them and WA-LA!!!  There was my printer now in the drop down list!!!  It is printing direct to disk with my TS9020 PERFECTLY now, just like it did with my old Canon Printer.

P.S.  I could NOT get the Canon Image Garden to work after hours and days of  trying. Nor any other Software. I must have spent a whole week trying different Softwares to no avail, sigh....  Make sure that you get a NEW DOWNLOAD of the Acoustica Software and check their updated list of supported Canon Printers.

NOTE:  When testing print to disk, I cut out Card Stock in the shape of a Disc and used those.  We do not want to wate those very expensive Printable Disks just for testing!!!

Announcements