cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I print a 5 X 7 print on Pixma MG2520?

Nasshorn
Apprentice

My new Pixma MG2520 makes great prints, but for the life of me I cannot get it to print a 5X7 Print.  It will print on on 5X7 paper but no matter what I have done including trying it on two different computers, it leaves large unequal borders.  I have tried printing using the Canon software and Photoshop and Lightroom.  When it shows the print in the preview it shows that an area of the paper is blocked off.  It shows me what it is going to do, but I can't get it to change.  I tell the computer that I'm using 5X7 photo paper, I use a photo that has been formatted to 5X7 (and some that are not) I've selected the option to size it to the paper size, etc. etc. etc.  I'm using up a lot of the ink trying different things to get it to print a 5X7 print with or without borders.  The final print comes out at about 4.2" X 6.2".  It does not center the photo.  The photo shows the blocked off area and it does print just as it shows.  I would love to know how to fix this.ScreenshotCanonPrinter.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The issue may be related to settings in your software. 

Try using our Easy-PhotoPrint EX program to see if this will resolve your issue.

Visit the following link to download software for your printer:

MG2520 Drivers & Downloads

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It pretty much had to be something in the printer itself because using the Adobe Photoshop software on the exact same settings I was able to print exactly what I wanted on an Epson printer.  In addition, even though the Canon software says you can print two 5 X 7s side by side on a letter size paper, if you tell the printer you are printing on photo paper it comes up with an error message saying you have the wrong kind of paper, because the Canon MG2520 will only accept photo paper in 5X7 or 4X6, so if you lie and say it is regular paper it will print it, but obviously it prints for regular paper and super saturates the colors etc. thinking that there is some absorption. 

Anyway your response is too late, I already took the Piece of Crap back to the store and got a refund.  I love my Canon camera and lenses, but sadly I'll never again risk any money on a Canon printer.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements