cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get documents printed directly from my computer?

ok1wire
Apprentice

PIXMA MyX492   I had previous problem printing wifrelessly. Printed OK when USB connected. Now will not print a document from my laptop. Print preview remains blank.

When I use the snipping tool and paste onto a Word document it prints.

1 REPLY 1

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi, The print preview screen that opens on your computer is designed to show you how the image will print. If the Print Preview is blank or if parts are mssing, that indicates that the data is not printable in its present form or program.

The printer is only capable of printing the data that is being sent over by the program on your computer. If the image is not present in the print preview, that data will not be sent to your printer.

You may have to open the image in another program. For example, government documents like IRS forms tend to print better if you are using an Adobe program to print them. You can ask the creator of the image to see what program they recommend printing from.

In order to figure out what may be causing the issue for you, we will need more information. Please provide answers to the following questions:

In what format is the image saved? (.pdf, .jpeg, .tiff, .html)

What program are you using to view the image? (Edge browser, Adobe Reader, Word)

What is your computer's operating system and version? (Windows 7, Windows 10)

Thanks for choosing Canon.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements