10-14-2014 01:38 AM
The Canon IJ Scan Utility program that comes with your PIXMA MG3520 can assist you with scanning. To scan using the IJ Scan Utility, please follow these steps:
1. Place the first page of the document you would like to scan on the platen glass of the printer.
2. Start the IJ Scan Utility by going to your Start menu, then selecting All Programs, then Canon Utilities, then IJ Scan Utility (folder), then IJ Scan Utility (program).
3. In the Canon IJ Scan Utility window that opens, click SETTINGS.... in the bottom right of the window. The Settings dialog box appears.
4. Click the DOCUMENT SCAN option on the left pane of the window, then set the item size, resolution, etc. as required.
5. In the SAVE SETTINGS section of the window, you will select the save format and location of the document you are about to scan.
a.) In the FILE NAME field, specify the name you would like to give the file. By default the filename will begin with IMG; you can remove IMG and change it to whatever you would like to name the file.
b.) In the DATA FORMAT field, use the drop-down arrow to select the desired option. If you are scanning a multipage document, select the PDF (Multiple Pages) option. Note: If you are scanning photos, you will have the option of scanning items as JPEG, TIFF or PNG format.
c.) In the SAVE IN field, please navigate to the area where you would like the file to be saved once it is scanned in. By default, the file will be saved in the MY DOCUMENTS folder.
6. Once all settings have been selected, click the OK button at the bottom of the SETTINGS (DOCUMENT SCAN) window. The IJ Scan Utility main screen appears.
7. Click the DOCUMENT button. Scanning starts. Click the CANCEL button to cancel scanning if needed. Scanned images are saved in previously selected folder location specified in the SETTINGS... window.
Please note that if you want to scan photos, you would follow the steps above, except for instead of selecting the DOCUMENT SCAN option, you would select the PHOTO SCAN option in step 4, and you would click on the PHOTO button in step 7 instead of the DOCUMENT button.
Hope this helps!
This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.