cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I clear a B200 error on a MG5220

marthagill
Apprentice

I tried suggestion on line and even removed, cleaned , dried and reinstall ed the print head - no luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ewil99
Apprentice

1. Turn OFF Power

2. Open the print head bay (as though you were about to change inks.

3. Turn ON power

4. Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way

5. Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.

6. Leave the Printer turned on.

Some say it may take a few times, but it worked for me on the first try.

I had already tried the directions here to no avail and had also cleaned the printer head.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello marthagill.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Open the cover of the printer.

2.  Remove all ink tanks from the printer.

3.  Lift up the gray locking lever on the side of the ink tank holder.

4.  Gently remove the print head from the carriage unit.

5.  Place the print head back in and lock the lever down.

6.  Place all of the ink tanks back in the printer.

7.  Close the cover and turn the printer off.

8.  Unplug the power from the printer.  Leave the power unplugged for about 5-10 minutes.

Plug the power back in and turn the printer on. 

If the error persists, please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This didn't resolve my issue.

Hi canonfodder4,

If the recommended troubleshooting steps listed by Michael did not resolve the error, the printer will require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It did not work.

This does not work. Go to Ewil99 post. Theirs works!!

ewil99
Apprentice

1. Turn OFF Power

2. Open the print head bay (as though you were about to change inks.

3. Turn ON power

4. Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way

5. Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.

6. Leave the Printer turned on.

Some say it may take a few times, but it worked for me on the first try.

I had already tried the directions here to no avail and had also cleaned the printer head.

ewil99's solution worked for me perfectly! First try! Tried several other things including cleaning the print head, did not work, this solution which was much easier did.  Ewil99, your post should be moved to the top! ThanksSmiley Happy

I agree with smbjpb,ewil99's solution worked for me perfectly too!  First time.  Thank you!

Thank you Ewil99!! I did several suggestions and none worked until I got to yours. Your response is greatly appreciated!!!
Announcements