cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I clean the heads on a PixmaMX922?

lindakroeck
Apprentice

This is so frustrating!  Getting really sorry I bought this printer!  Can't find a manual that will download, can't get any help from Canon.

I've had this printer less than a year and all of a sudden it only prints in green/yellow shades.  I assume I need to clean the heads but don't know how and can't find anything, anywhere that tells me how to do that. 

When I first bought this printer I was able to download the manual but due to a virus on my computer I had to have it reset and lost that manual.  Now, I can't get anything to download from canon.  All it says is Page Not Available!

I guess the only help from canon is in this forum where we all have the same problems..so I guess it's the blind leading the blind.

Please, if anyone knows how to clean the heads or download a user manual for the Canon Pixma MX922 I could really use some help fast.  I have to print plane tickets in the next day or two.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get!

13 REPLIES 13

robertstark
Contributor
why on earth do "they" NOT NOT NOT show HOW to clean!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Robert,

I went through the same frustation with my printer, I tried everything that was suggested from community members and it didn't work. Since I had nothing to loose except my printer I took the print head and soaked it in peroxide (or alcohol, about quarter inch in a bowl) for a few hours, the peroxide went peach black so I knew that it unclogged the print head, let it dry and it solved the problem. Still working. Good luck!

Have I been put on the bad guy list?

I say that because all of a sudden nobody's replying to my questions, either the ones that people had been replying to or my new ones. Maybe I did or said something offensive? I really didn't mean to, since I need help on an issue currently.

No Jeff, you'd be banned if that were the case! 

That being said, this is a 9 year old post, so it could be that the other members just didn't notice it since it's what we call a "zombie thread". I recommend starting a new thread with your question so it will be seen easier! 

Thanks. I've got my own threads but nobody is helping me. I also wanted to say that this site's list of My Subscriptions pages is extremely hard to navigate. I'd compare it to my Microsoft Answers where it's totally easy. On this site, things seem to be repeated. Maybe somebody messed around and combined some of my threads but didn't Delete the ones that they did that with? I say that since someone told me he'd done that but now his posting telling me that is nowhere to be found. I've searched everywhere for it for the last hour. He'd said in that same Reply that a Canon tech was going to join in and help me, but that's never happened and it's been a week or more.

I'm one sad, old puppy.

Hi Jeff

I would like to help you on your issue but I'm not sure if it's the right solution for your printer, (the solution I proposed was explained in the post dated March 1, 2017) it worked for a while then it stop again. What I did I order new print head on the internet (not from Canon) and it did not solve my problem it did not work., I think I had to buy the print head from Canon itself which was more expensive, so my Canon Printer is sitting in my basement waiting to be fix and I don't know if I should put more money on it, anyway the solution at the time in 2017 was to soak the print head in peroxide or alcohol it worked for awhile, but it's frustrating that we don't have support from the company Canon.

Hope that help you.

Jojois

robertstark
Contributor

@lindakroeck wrote:

This is so frustrating!  Getting really sorry I bought this printer!  Can't find a manual that will download, can't get any help from Canon.

I've had this printer less than a year and all of a sudden it only prints in green/yellow shades.  I assume I need to clean the heads but don't know how and can't find anything, anywhere that tells me how to do that. 

When I first bought this printer I was able to download the manual but due to a virus on my computer I had to have it reset and lost that manual.  Now, I can't get anything to download from canon.  All it says is Page Not Available!

I guess the only help from canon is in this forum where we all have the same problems..so I guess it's the blind leading the blind.

Please, if anyone knows how to clean the heads or download a user manual for the Canon Pixma MX922 I could really use some help fast.  I have to print plane tickets in the next day or two.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get!

Time to get some other product. Robert Stark.

Robert,

Can you help me like if maybe you found something or someone that helped you? I asked Expert Patrick for help here yesterday since he’d given a long reply, since I’ve got this same problem, but I don’t know if he’s even still getting Notified on this one since it’s so old. 

If you could, please look at what I said to him yesterday. 

Thanks, 

Jeff Davis 

Announcements