cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the scan destination folder? (Pixma MP610)

Mumbling
Apprentice

Hi there!

Recently I got a Canon Pixma MP610 from my aunt. She said she did not have any instruction manuals or CDs for this printer, so I downloaded a set of drivers online (from canon's website). I made a couple of scans of one of my collegebooks and saved them to a folder on my desktop. Once I was done I moved that folder to my images.

My problem is, every time I try to scan a new file, it will recreate this folder on my desktop. I don't want this. I just want the printer to scan to the folder 'scans' I have created in my documents. How can I change the scan destination?

I've literally been through every printer/scanner optiion that Windows had available for me.

I use Windows 7 x64.

4 REPLIES 4

Mumbling
Apprentice
No one who knows? Anyone who knows which scanning program works with the scanner?

Hi Mumbling!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry! We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market. If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs. Feel free to discuss Canon products sold and used outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks and have a great day!

I had no idea that the Pixma was not an American product. Sadly enough, my own country does not seem to have any sort of forum or help page. In any case, your reply is appreciated, I'll see what I can find.

Hi, Mumbling!

PIXMA printers are sold worldwide, however there are subtle differences in the ones that are sold in Europe as compared to the ones that are sold here in the US. Our technicians aren't trained on those differences, however the agents in your area would be able to support your model! If you go to www.canon.com and select your country, you should be able to find support options, such as http://www.canon.nl/Support/

We hope this helps!

Announcements