cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I bring up scanner driver windows software IMMEDIATELY for my CanoScan 8800F (one shortcut)?

a1s2d3f4
Apprentice

Can't find a proper forum for this question, it seems like, but maybe someone knows?

I always have to go through these choices after pressing the scan button on the actual scanner, before I get to "scanner driver" dialog, where I can then do my scan. Was hoping somebody knew about a "shortcut" to get there. Do I need to run MPNScan.dll with proper parameters somehow?

Will somebody who knows about the code for MP Navigator EX let me know please?

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Hi A1s2d3f4!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

It's Windows 8.1 64 bit.

This is the installation folder for the Canon software: C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\MP Navigator EX 1.0\

There are a number of .exe files there.

But only running mpnex10.exe results in an interactive dialog coming up. From there I can click through a number of options and eventually get to something that brings up "Scan Gear" - the interface with which I prefer to do my scanning (what gives me full control over scanning parameters).

I have a feeling that MPNscan.exe (or dll) files are related to  Scan Gear, but running them from command prompt, or windows explorer does nothing.

Could you forward this to people involved in coding MP Navigator, or Scan Gear?

Ramona
Authority

Hi a1s2d3f4,

There is not a way to launch the ScanGear driver directly; it will need to be accessed via the MP Navigator program.  We will be happy to pass along your comments for review regarding having a a method to directly access ScanGear.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Please do pass. I am sure it is possible to figure out a simple way to create such shortcut.

Is this team owned by Canon, or are they a third-party company, contracted by Canon to provide this software to use with Canon hardware?

Announcements