cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG6821 How come my scanner suddenly stopped working?

leefrank
Apprentice

So I have a Canon Pixma MG6821 printer and I usually never ever have any issues scanning documents.

I managed to scan two documents earlier tonight, but as I tried to scan the third one that I need to scan because it is very important...it suddenly stopped working (the scanner aspect within my printer). I will say as I was scanning the 1st two documents, I did hear a weird nosie coming from the scanner that didn't sound normal to me and didn't think anything of it.

I tried more than once where the only message I get on my end: "processing," or something like that, but the document itself is not being scanned at all whatsoever. I know the document isn't the issue since I've scanned these same exact documents before.

This is the very first time I've experienced my printer's scanner function basically "crash," on me. How do I fix this? The scanner itself isn't working because I tried scanning the same document 3 times, and it never got scanned otherwise I would have heard the sound it makes when scanning a document. And the other reason I know it never got scanned is because the last document is not showing up in My Image Garden like it normally would appear. What can cause this and how do I fix it?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi leefrank,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Are you using your PIXMA MG6821 wirelessly?   or with a USB cable?

Do you get an error when attempting to scan?  If so, what error appears?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements