cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i just use the black ink without color???

MyronLol
Apprentice
I have the Canon MX320 series as my printer. I recently ran out of ink so my sister bought new ones but she only bought the black one which is fine because I only use black ink. Now since my color ink ran out it won't let me print. I don't use color ink anyways. I even click on grayscale and plain paper but it still won't let me print. I'm trying to print this on my MacBook Pro. My sister and my friend doesn't know how to switch to only black. I also searched online but all I found was how to replace old ink with new ink but I did that all by myself. I have been trying to figure it out for hours and until my MacBook Pro ran out of battery. Can anyone help me!!!????!!!

2 REPLIES 2

Crista
Whiz

Hi MyronLol!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum!

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The printer will need adequate levels of both black and color ink in order to operate. 

Once a new color ink cartridge is installed, you can perform the following steps to set the unit to Black Only mode:

1.  Open the Hard Drive (Mac HD).

2.  Open the Library Folder.

3.  Open the Printers folder.

4.  Open the Canon Folder, then the BJ Printer folder.  Once there, open the Utilities folder.

5.  Open the Canon IJ Printer utility.

Once there, you can access the cartridge settings to set the unit to Black Only mode.

If additional assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements