09-27-2014 11:50 AM
Welcome to the Canon Forums and thank you for your post!
So that the Community can help you better, the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!
If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone during normal business hours, or email anytime.
Thanks and have a great day!
10-14-2014 03:02 AM
There is a program that comes with the printer called the IJ Scan Utility that can assist you with scanning multiple pages into a single file. To scan using the IJ Scan Utility, please follow these steps:
1. Start IJ Scan Utility by going to your Start menu, then selecting All Programs, then Canon Utilities, then IJ Scan Utility (folder), then IJ Scan Utility (program).
2. In the Canon IJ Scan Utility window that opens, click SETTINGS.... in the bottom right of the window. The Settings dialog box appears.
3. Click the DOCUMENT SCAN option on the left pane of the window.
4. In the right pane of the window, locate the SELECT SOURCE field and select the DOCUMENT option.
5. Set the color mode, document size, and scanning resolution as required in the rest of the fields shown in the window. Click DOCUMENT SCAN ORIENTATION SETTINGS... to specify the orientation of the documents to be scanned.
6. In the SAVE SETTINGS section of the window, you will select the save format and location of the document you are about to scan.
a.) In the FILE NAME field, specify the name you would like to give the file. By default the filename will begin with IMG; you can remove IMG and change it to whatever you would like to name the file.
b.) In the DATA FORMAT field, use the drop-down arrow to select the PDF (Multiple Pages) option.
c.) In the SAVE IN field, please navigate to the area where you would like the file to be saved once it is scanned in. By default, the file will be saved in the DOCUMENTS folder.
7. Once all settings have been selected, click the OK button at the bottom of the SETTINGS (DOCUMENT SCAN) window. The IJ Scan Utility main screen appears.
8. Click the DOCUMENT button. Scanning starts. After a page has scanned, the screen to continue or end scanning appears. If you have more pages to scan, place the next page on the platen and click Scan. Do this each time a page has completed scanning. After the last page has been scanned, click Exit. Scanned images are saved in previously selected folder location specified in the SETTINGS... window. Click the CANCEL button to cancel scanning if needed during scanning.
Hope this helps!
This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.