cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I print a full page 8.5x11 photo using mg2520? My operating system in windows 8

kvsalazar24
Apprentice

I am currently running windows 8 and using a canon pixma mg 2520 and cannot print full size 8.5x11 prints.  I can print 4x6 but would like to print full size pictures...please help!!!!!!!!!!1

6 REPLIES 6

Ramona
Authority

Hi kvsalazar24,

There is a program that comes with the printer named Easy-PhotoPrint EX that can assist you with printing photos.  If you do not have the program installed, it can be downloaded from the Canon USA website.  Please click here to go to the Drivers and Software page for the PIXMA MG2520.  Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "SOFTWARE" section and click the Easy-PhotoPrint EX file.  When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once you have downloaded the file, please double-click on it and follow the prompts to install the program on your computer.  

Once the program is installed, please follow these steps to print a photo:

1. Open Easy-PhotoPrint EX.

2. Once inside of the application, you will see a folder structure on the left-hand side where you can select a photo or image. Please navigate to the location of the photo/image you would like to print. When you do, all available images in that location should appear in the right pane of the window. Please note: If a screen appears with options to Photo-Print, Create an Album, Sticker Print, etc., please select the PHOTO-PRINT option to view the area with the folder structure.

3. Underneath each of the photos appearing in the right pane of the window, you will see a n up and down arrow, as well as a "0". Please click the UP arrow once underneath the image you would like to select, then click the PAPER SELECTION tab at the top of the window.

4. On the PAPER SELECTION TAB, please select the PRINTER, PAPER SOURCE, PAPER SIZE, and MEDIA TYPE, then click the LAYOUT/PRINT tab at the top of the window.

5. Please select the desired layout from the left-hand pane of the window. When you do, a preview of what the image should look like when printed will appear in the right-hand pane of the window.

6. Once you have selected a layout, please click the PRINT button. The photo/image should print.

If you still experience difficulty, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I followed your instructions in the previous post and my MG2520 still won't print photos full-scale. It leaves a margin around the photo every time. I'm only trying to print 4x6, just fyi.

Thanks,

Melissa

@Ramona wrote:

Hi kvsalazar24,

There is a program that comes with the printer named Easy-PhotoPrint EX that can assist you with printing photos.  If you do not have the program installed, it can be downloaded from the Canon USA website.  Please click here to go to the Drivers and Software page for the PIXMA MG2520.  Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "SOFTWARE" section and click the Easy-PhotoPrint EX file.  When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once you have downloaded the file, please double-click on it and follow the prompts to install the program on your computer.  

Once the program is installed, please follow these steps to print a photo:

1. Open Easy-PhotoPrint EX.

2. Once inside of the application, you will see a folder structure on the left-hand side where you can select a photo or image. Please navigate to the location of the photo/image you would like to print. When you do, all available images in that location should appear in the right pane of the window. Please note: If a screen appears with options to Photo-Print, Create an Album, Sticker Print, etc., please select the PHOTO-PRINT option to view the area with the folder structure.

3. Underneath each of the photos appearing in the right pane of the window, you will see a n up and down arrow, as well as a "0". Please click the UP arrow once underneath the image you would like to select, then click the PAPER SELECTION tab at the top of the window.

4. On the PAPER SELECTION TAB, please select the PRINTER, PAPER SOURCE, PAPER SIZE, and MEDIA TYPE, then click the LAYOUT/PRINT tab at the top of the window.

5. Please select the desired layout from the left-hand pane of the window. When you do, a preview of what the image should look like when printed will appear in the right-hand pane of the window.

6. Once you have selected a layout, please click the PRINT button. The photo/image should print.

If you still experience difficulty, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

They said they followed the instructions on the previous post, and your reply is to repeat the exact same thing that was in the previous post?  Did you even READ what they said?  I came here looking for help but I see now I can't expect to get it from this forum.

Is this a robot replying? Or is there a real solution to the mg 2500 series printers not being able to print a whole 8x10 page. Getting very frustrated with Canon and will never buy another printer named Canon. MG2522 downloaded software, followed instructions. Same result, error code. 

This did not help with my Win 10 system. Rather than struggle with something that is totally absurd, I printed it as "regular paper." If Canon thought there would be a quality issue or some other constraint, then it should, simply, have popped-up a warning message that would allow the user to accept/reject the print.

Turbiville
Apprentice

In case anyone is wondering,

I had the same issue and the guy at tech support said that if you buy a cheaper printer they are not capable of printing anything above 4X6.

Essentially, unless you spend over $100 on a printer you can't print anything.  

I specifically bought my MG3022 to print pictures above a 4X6 (i have a 4X6 functioning printer).  In the end not only cannot get the printer to print out pictures, it won't print anything now.  My wedding is in a couple of days, i spent $100 on supplies of which all packages where opened to complete one little project.  I can't return the extra paper or other supplies for this stupid printer and it won't even print a simple word document.  All it will do is print out the test pages and tell me that the computer and printer are connected.

Announcements