cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal line in scanned document. Resulting PDF longer than original

David121
Contributor

When I scan 8-1/2"x11" documents using the ADF, the pdf created is 8.5 x 11.147 inches and there's a horizontal line at 11", which is at the end of the paper document. The line is not acceptable to me. Is there a setting I need to apply so the line does not appear and my resulting pdf's are 8.5 x 11 inches? I'm scanning from the panel on the printer and I have it set for letter size.

My Canon is a G7020 model.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The ADF will scan up to 8.5 x 14.0 (Legal)

It should not add a line at the bottom of a scanned 8.5x11 page letter.

You may have set a custom paper size unintentianally.  I suggest you review settings in the driver or application you are scanning from.  If you are scanning from the control panel, check the driver on your system.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Paper size was set to "Letter". The paper document is letter size. Device manager said Drivers are up to date. I have all my Windows 7 updates. I looked at Canon's website for Driver updates, but all I could find were instructions for downloading the installation files.

I am scanning from the control panel. Here is a jpg of the pdf (I added a 5-pixel wide blue line to each of the 4 sides when I converted the pdf to a jpg):

IMG_0001_1.jpg

I downloaded the installation again, but could not get past the "connect page" (The page that shows the 3 images of plugging in a USB cable to the PC, the printer, and turning the printer on). At that point, the Troubleshooter was the only option but it did not help.

I just tried scanning again. This time, when I scan in color or B&W, the pdf is 8.5 x 11 inches. There is still a grey line near the bottom. The grey line is straight but it has a slight slant to it. One end of the line is at the bottom of the pdf. I attribute the grey line to perhaps the ADF rollers dis not grab the paper evenly.

I'm willing to bet when I downloaded the Canon software this time, even though the installation stopped before it finished, new drivers were installed.

I don't know if I should start a new discussion or not, but my new question seems to be related to my problem of the horizontal line (My new question is at the end).

I do all my scanning directly from the control panel on my Canon G7020. I noticed when I use the defaults for scanning, the horizontal line appears and the pdf is 8.5" x 11.147". "Original type" says "*Auto scan" (Auto scan is the default). When I go through the menu and change "Original type" to "Document", the line does not appear and the pdf is 8.5" x 11". The documents I'm scanning are on typed paper, 8.5" x 11".

Might I still have a driver problem?

When I change a setting on the control panel, how do I save the new settings so "Original type" does not revert back to "Auto scan"?

Hi David121,

Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements