cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help setting up new MX922 - where is the desktop interface for printing and scanning?

diddlydude
Contributor

I had gotten the drivers off the Canon website. I installed them and set up the wireless connection. The printer can print wireless but there is no icons on the desktop for printing and scanning....nothing popped up on the screen. I rebooted but still nothing.

I used this link to find the driver downloads.

usa.canon.com/support

There is no print menu or anything on the desktop.(There may be a Canon Tool icon but it does nothing) Am I supposed to download some software? Is that a separate file? I believe it might be User manual, my printer, my Image Garden, Quick Menu, Easy-WebPrintEX. How do I get all that on my desktop?

Also, is this printer supposed to be very slow or is it just because it's new and needs to break in some?  I'm printing from a new laptop using Windows 10 64bit.

Also when printing from the laptop, I notice that sometimes, the full printer settings aren't there to choose from, for example print scaling and preview, etc. But sometimes it does show up. Is that how it is supposed to be?

I was hoping this would be an easy setup but got my hopes up.

Thanks in advance for any insight and help.

Also, I have tried the Canon print apps on the phone. None work.  Can we print from an android phone using this printer? Have any of you gotten any apps to work?  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

diddlydude
Contributor

Ok, I found the software downloads. I didn't realize they were on that same page. Looks like I have to download each separately.

If I only want to scan and print, which would be good to have and necessary. I have no CD/DVD drive on my laptop.

I just want to make printing easy, including maintenance, and the ability to scan easily. Hopefully these stay on desktop.

Also, still would love to know which android print apps would work with this printer.

Thanks again.

Hi diddlydude,

You can use the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app with your PIXMA MX922.  For more information regarding this app, please use the following link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.canon.bsd.ad.pixmaprint&hl=en_US

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks. I did try that one yesterday but it doesn't see the printer. I thought maybe there are other options out there so that one could print via their android phone. I did try all the Canon apps.

If printer is hooked up wirelessly, and phone on same wireless then is there a reason why maybe the printer isn't showing? Is there something special I'm supposed to do after installing the app? Thanks.

Hello.

Make sure that the phone is on the same Wi-Fi network as the printer.

If the app still does not detect the printer, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements