Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Help printing on 4x6 photo paper - TR8520

I need some help with what should be a very simple print job.  Not sure if my issue is software or printer-setting related, which is complicating things. 

I have an image that is smaller than 4x6 (approx 3 x 5) that I am trying to print on a 4x6 and then simply cut it out by hand.

No matter what options I can find to choose and mix/match, the image keeps printing off of part of the 4x6 paper, either off to the side, the top, bottom, etc. etc.

I load each 4x6 (up to 15 wasted tries now!) into the back feeder of the TR8520 and Register it to verify I am using 4x6 paper. Then, in Printer Settings, I have tried: portrait, landscape, unchecked boarderless, turned off centering (horizonal and veritcal).  Of course I am selecting 4x6 as the paper size in the printer settings, as well.  I have also tried loading the 4x6 paper into the rear horizontally and vertically. NOTHING will print the whole image centered onto the 4x6! 

For what it's worth, I am trying this from the image software GIMP 2.0. I have verified that the canvas and image size are 3x5. I also tried making the canvas 4x6 while keeping the image 3x5, but it didn't help anything.

Any thoughts?