cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help. Scanning a document containing a picture and text produces three separate files.

c1sanford
Contributor

Scanning a document containing a picture and text produces three separate files. The scanner divides the photo into a single photo, and the text portion as two paragraphs as two seperate files. I have a pixma MG2522 running on a Windows 10 laptop.

This happens if I scan the document as a photo or document.

I tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling a fresh copy of printer scanner software. Nothing changed.the refreshed copy also reloaded the drivers.I also had tried do a complete reset to the defaults. How do I fix this. Tnx 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try using the "Document" option in the IJ Scan Utility program.  If the "Auto" or "Photo" options are used, the default settings are designed to look for multiple items on the glass, and may end up splitting an image into separate files.  The "Document" option should save the page into one PDF file.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You are running windows 10. 

What application are you scanning from?  Is the scan area set to full page? 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

As previously stated the laptop has Windows 10. I'm not scanning from an application. The image comes from the built in Canon flatbead scanner. The Canon application included with the printer scanner.  It has a setting that is indicated that the file is sent to, not from the windows explorer. Regarding the issue of the full page scan setting, A previous search did not reveal the existence and location of this setting. Thus I can't say how it's set. The question seems like a moot point, as I had already clicked on all default settings I could find. I would expect that activating one of them would set the scan full page setting to on. I don't know if their is a missed default button hidden somewhere. To complicate the issue I searched for the Canon Software Version Number. I found that none of the software parts/windows have the traditional "About" button. The CD has labelling "OS:Windows U3.0". That's the letter U not the traditional letter V. Help!  

Hello.

Make sure that you are using the IJ Scan Utility program to scan.  Use the "Document" option to try scanning your document.  Visit the link for details about how to open and use the program.

MG2500 Online Manual - Scanning with IJ Scan Utility

If the program is not on your computer, download the latest MP Drivers for the printer from our website.  You can download the drivers at the following link:

PIXMA MG2522 Drivers & Downloads

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try using the "Document" option in the IJ Scan Utility program.  If the "Auto" or "Photo" options are used, the default settings are designed to look for multiple items on the glass, and may end up splitting an image into separate files.  The "Document" option should save the page into one PDF file.

Announcements