cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! My new Pixma MX-920 is not printing

phiho99
Apprentice

I have been scanning the forum and it seems that there are some 920 owners out there that are having the same problems as I am but there seems to be no true resolutions to the problem.

Problem:  I want to print on plain paper from a PDF that is two pages worth.  The printer keeps giving me error code "1007" and saying that the upper tray is not loaded.  When I load the upper trade with photo paper (because that's where it's suppose to go).  The PDF is printing out on the upper tray using photo paper.  I just want my printer to print from the lower tray on plain paper.

Here are some information that you may need in order to assist me (please! this is urgent as I need to print this form out as it is due in 5 days time).

*I am using Mac OS 10.8.5

*Have checked and doubled checked every setting in the preference panes to match the plain 8x11 paper.  Specifically, the preferences in the Mac OS and in the printing menu when you click "print".

This is frustrating.  Please help.

18 REPLIES 18

reboot ur pad

jbluchina
Apprentice
Have always used print central which I downloaded onto the iPad. I have now deleted print central and I'm trying to print without that and it did but a 4 x 6. Again not going to the lower cassette

jbluchina
Apprentice
There is no place to change the default paper size

jbluchina
Apprentice
I believe so. Whatever comes built into the iPad 2

Hello.

Options on mobile platforms are limited in terms of what settings can be adjusted for the printer.  If your app does not have the ability to specify the paper size before printing, you will have to print the item from a compatible Windows or Mac OSX computer in order to use the desired paper tray.

If additional assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

bobdarnell
Apprentice

if ur printing from smat phone then hard start it and that will take care of the issue, it happened to me and i tried ever dang thing in the world then it dawned on me that maybe restarting my smart phone might solve the issue and it did, the issue happens when u run out of paper in the lower tray

Sarafarhat
Apprentice

I am having the same problem. Trying to print a PDF page and it the printer keeps giving me error 1007 and it says I should load upper tray. Not sure why it is automatically selecting the upper tray when the paper size is specified as US letter. 

I am also using an iOS.

It's really frustrating to use this printer. I am considering returning it! 

Hi Sarafarhat,

Please try printing your PDF using the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app available in the App Store.  Once in that app, please make sure that the proper paper size and tray is selected.

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/contactus

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

whitemary31
Apprentice

Dear Curious,

After reading all the info available, I sent you two names that I feel is worth checki8ng this website in re-gards to your goal.

Please call me for

Thanks,

Mary Whiteany problem.

419-984-8304

Announcements