09-01-2014 09:13 PM
I am having difficulties with my MG5220 saying it is offline, but I am starring at it and it is on. I removed all drivers, software, and other aspects of my printer to re-install. Except now, it says it can't find the printer at all from the WiFi. It was working just fine and now, all of a sudden it won't? Any suggestions?
09-01-2014 09:34 PM
So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. Any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!
If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).
Thanks and have a great day!
09-24-2014 01:28 PM
Uninstalling and reinstalling the network port and printer driver using the utilities on the CDROM should resolve this issue. To perform the uninstall, please have the PIXMA MG5220's CDROM in the CDROM drive and then follow these steps:
1. Click on Start and then Run. If Run is not in your Start menu, please follow these steps to add it:
1-1. Click Start.
1-2. Right click the Start menu and left click on Properties.
1-3. Click on the Customize button next to 'Start Menu'.
1-4. In the Customize Start Menu window, place a checkmark next to 'Run Command'.
1-5. Click OK in the Customize Start Menu window.
1-6. Click OK in the Properties window.
2. Click Browse. In the Browse window, click on "Computer".
3. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.
4. Double click the folder named WIN.
5. Double click the folder named Driver.
6. Double click the folder named DrvSetup.
7. Double click the file named DELDRV. If you are using the 64 bit version of Windows 7, please double clickc DELDRV64. In the Run box click OK.
8. Click Execute to start uninstall and Yes to completely uninstall the drivers.
9. Once finished, click on Start and then Run.
10. Click Browse. In the Browse window, click on "Computer".
11. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.
12. Double click the folder named WIN.
13. Double click the folder named Driver.
14. Double click the folder named LAN.
15. Double click the file named CNMNPU.exe
16. In the Run box click OK and then Yes on the Delete BJNP Port window.
17. The uninstaller will prompt you to restart the computer, please click Yes to restart the computer.
To install the unit for use over your network wirelessly, please follow these steps when the computer restarts:
1. Use the up or down button on your PIXMA MG5220 to display Setup and press the right FUNCTION button.
2. Select Wireless LAN Setup and press OK.
3. Select Yes and press OK.
4. Select Easy Setup and press OK.
5. Select your access point name and choose OK.
6. Press the right FUNCTION button on the Enter passphrase or Enter WEP screen.
7. Enter your WEP or passphrase and press OK.
8. Make sure network key is correct and press OK.
9. When the connection confirmation appears, press OK.
10. Take out and then reinsert the CDROM that came with the PIXMA MG5220. The setup program will start automatically. If the Autoplay screen appears, click Run and then Continue.
11. Click on Easy Install.
12. When the Easy Install screen appears, click Install.
13. Select Use the Printer on Network and click Next.
14. If it appears, please read the License Agreement carefully and click Yes if you agree.
15. Click Next at the Printer Detection screen.
16. Select your PIXMA MG5220 in the Detected Printers List and click Next.
18. On the Canon IJ Network Tool screen, select the PIXMA MG5220 and click Next.
19. Confirm the results and then click Finish to complete the installation.
Once reinstalled, please attempt to print.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link: