cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head alignment problem-PIXMA MX 472

richardpmarks
Apprentice

I keep getting a 2900 code when I try a manual print head alignment. I noticed that the magenta bars are missing on the printouts. Is this likely to be a problem with the cartridge, or is it something in the printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Check to make sure that the bright orange tape has been removed from the bottom of the ink cartridge.  Visit THIS LINK for details about the installation of a new cartridge.

If magenta still does not print correctly, cleanings may have to be done.  Visit THIS LINK for information on the normal and deep cleaning procedures.

If there is not improvement with the magenta output, the color cartridge should be replaced.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Check to make sure that the bright orange tape has been removed from the bottom of the ink cartridge.  Visit THIS LINK for details about the installation of a new cartridge.

If magenta still does not print correctly, cleanings may have to be done.  Visit THIS LINK for information on the normal and deep cleaning procedures.

If there is not improvement with the magenta output, the color cartridge should be replaced.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks. A deep cleaning fixed the magenta problem. The head alignment problem went away after I turned the test print sheet around on the platen. I had it the wrong way initially. 

Announcements