cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head Cleaning - MX922

Oldmaven
Contributor

Instructions on the Web for print-head cleaning say to press the Menu key, then select Setup, then select Maintenance.  On my MX922, though, the Menu shows no Setup option.  I have Photo, Template Print, Web service, and WLAN setup.

How do I reach Setup or Maintenance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Oldmaven,

Please follow these steps to perform a cleaning:

1.  Please press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922

2.  Use the down arrow key until the wrench and screwdriver icon is selected, then press OK 

3.  Select Maintenance then press OK 

4.  Select Cleaning and press OK

5.  Select Yes and press OK  Figure: LCD

The cleaning will begin.

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MX920%20series/EN/BG/Bg-Maintenance1400.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Oldmaven,

Please follow these steps to perform a cleaning:

1.  Please press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922

2.  Use the down arrow key until the wrench and screwdriver icon is selected, then press OK 

3.  Select Maintenance then press OK 

4.  Select Cleaning and press OK

5.  Select Yes and press OK  Figure: LCD

The cleaning will begin.

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MX920%20series/EN/BG/Bg-Maintenance1400.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

When I press "Menu" and then press the down arrow to go to the tools icon--nothing happens. What can I do? 

Try using the left or right arrows and see if that will move you to the screen with the tools icon.

Thanks so much..Still no luck after trying the other arrows. The subjects in the viewscreen to the right of the Menu button are Photo, Template print, Web service, and WLAN setup. The photo icon is surrounded by a rectangullar border that is yellow. The reason I want to clean the head is to see if it fixes my printed photos that are coming out too light all of a sudden. Thanks again.

There should be more options besides those four that you see on screen. (Either to the right or the left of that screen). Try pressing those arrow keys even when it looks like you're as far over as you can go and see if you can find the maintenance icon (Tools). 

Announcements