cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Pixma MG5320 prints are too dark!!!

Apprentice

Hey Folks,

Perhaps the some of you fellow consumers can help me resolve the problem that Canon Tech Support can't and won't acknowledge.

My prints are too dark when I print from my PC or Laptop either through XP, Windows 7, or the Canon EZ print application.  There is only one way I can get them to print comparably to what is rendered on my dispay/monitor.  If I print directly from the SD card, placed into the printer itself, my prints come out exactly as they should.  This rules out the following issues that I'm hearing over and over again:  Monitor too bright, monitor not calibrated, wrong type of paper, wrong type of ink.  Somehow, in the coding of the software, the prints are handled differently when printing from the PC versus the memory card slot.  There is one other work around I found which is that if I select "Plain Paper" but load picture paper it prints accurately.  Any ideas?  I've now spent more time troubleshooting this than I make in a day at work but I just want to fix it instead of going through the hassle of returning it.

Thanks for any input you may have!

2 REPLIES 2

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi 269523,

I wish there was a simple fix I could suggest for this issue, but since so many factors are involved in print quality, I highly recommend contacting us.  The back and forth exchange necessary to pinpoint the cause of your dark prints is more suited for phone or email.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Well, I've called customer service/tech support 2 times in good faith and spent over 2 hours talking to people.  The response I received was, "well, at least you have settings that you can alter to get it pretty close."  I asked them to submit a trouble ticket for the software guys regarding the bug but they declined.  Feel free to contact me through my registration form.  My serial number is: ACTR71168.  I'm not interested in calling in to another random person crossing my fingers that they will be the one person who either understand the issue, or has the expertise to fix it.

Announcements