cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - Cannot print to a DVD with MG7720 printer

MarkRK
Apprentice

My new MG7720 printer prints everything I have tried except for printing on a DVD with the MYGARDEN software.

The printer is connected to a wired (not wireless) LAN.

Is it true that it has to be connected to a USB port?  Can it be connected to a USB port and a wireless LAN at the same time?  

Markl

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Just in case it might help someone, here's what I did (Should have done it right off).  I originally set up the LAN connection using the printer's menu and then used the enclosed setup CD to to only install Image Garden.

So, I ran the CD setup again and followed all of the steps even though the printer was working on the LAN.  I did everything the CD suggested and installed everything the CD suggested, and it works.

Never did contact the help center, but they probably would have told me to do that.

Thanks,

Mark     

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

James_C

Hi MarkRK, for instructions on printing on a DVD click HERE.  The unit can not be connected to a USB and wireless LAN at the same time.  You have do do one or the other.   If further assistance is needed regarding connecting your unit, It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I know how to use My Garden to print to a DVD.  The message that I get after I hit print in My Garden is  - Cannot print because a printer supported by this software is not installed.is not installed.

Like I said, the printer is installed because I can print with my computer and my IOS device.

MY Garden does not see the printer.

Mark 

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

Just in case it might help someone, here's what I did (Should have done it right off).  I originally set up the LAN connection using the printer's menu and then used the enclosed setup CD to to only install Image Garden.

So, I ran the CD setup again and followed all of the steps even though the printer was working on the LAN.  I did everything the CD suggested and installed everything the CD suggested, and it works.

Never did contact the help center, but they probably would have told me to do that.

Thanks,

Mark     

Announcements