cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blissfullyblack
Contributor

Hello:

I bought an MX-922 in August mainly because it was cloud-ready and I could print from my Chromebook, Nexus Tablet, iPhone etc. i had no problems printing from these devices until a couple of days ago.

Suddenly it wouldn't print from my Chrome web browser. I have NO problem printing wirelessly from my laptop with Word, etc. but whenever I try to print from the Google Chrome Browser, it says my printer has been offline for more than a week--even when it's on.

I tried deleting the printer from Google Cloud Print but it said that it couldn't connect with the network. 

I do keep my printer off unless I'm printing, but again, I have done this since I've bought it with no problems and I had no issues using the printer normally. It's just this dang Google Cloud Print. 

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions? 

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Dan,

I had this problem last summer, and it became tolerable after Google worked on it.  I'm a fellow user so I've nothing to lose by telling you I'm not optimistic about Cloud Print actually fixing this.  It got better to the extent that you can "work around the problem" by going into the printer's menus and asking it to check in with Cloud Print.  This somehow re-establishes the link between the MX922 and the CloudPrint server.  Neither Canon nor Google assumed responsibility, but I think it had something to o with the printer going into some power saver mode, similar to hibernation.  I don't think there is any user control over this, so I'm only hypothesizing what's happening.  My wife and I were eventually able to print from the ChromeBook whenever necessary.  The process was to wake up the printer by pressing Menu, select Web Services, tell it to check in with Cloud Print, and then confirm that we want it to download the print job.  On the positive side, the Canon MX922 is a very nice machine, and as a wireless network printer it performs flawlessly.  It's just that Google's CloudPrint and Canon's printer don't play well together

In our case, the problem was permanently solved when the ChromeBook fell off a table and broke it's screen.  We are replacing it with a windows laptop.

-Jerry

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Exact the same problem here! Is there any chance, this item will ever be solved?

Thanks, Rudolf

Al the sudden mine no longer goes offline - always prints. Maybe there was a problem with the Google service on their end (it was Beta, BTW)?

Well, I lied - sort of. I am not home but cannot print because it says my printer is offline. Interesting, the google cloud print website tells me the last tme I printed via cloud print was in September. Which is not true! 

Announcements