cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "Support code 1007" on Canon MG5422 printer when trying to print.

MReynolds81
Apprentice

I have been trying to print some coupons as I've done for years and I have been getting the message "Support Code 1007" on the printer screen and saying the upper cassette is empty. Solution "Load paper". Well duh. But even if I add paper I do not want it to print from the upper tray as I am not printing photos. I am printing coupons so I'm assuming the printer thinks it's printing photos since the coupons have a small picture of the item on each one. Any way to make the lower tray the default for this? I called customer support and the rep wasn't very helpful and said he had the same trouble on his end and then proceeded to tell me "Do some research and see if you can find a solution. Sorry I couldn't help you. Have a nice day!" Some help he was. Anyone know a way around this? Never had a problem with my previous Canon printer which recently died so I bought this one and am beginning to hate it.

51 REPLIES 51

I'm getting the same error. MX925, Wi-Fi connected to a network.

My daughter printed a picture from her iPhone, there was no option for paper size/type. The printer wants to print from upper cassete, but we want to use regular A4 paper. How do we shift a printing job from one try to the other? Please don't tell me I need to re-print the image as that's not acceptable. Let's assume, I don't have it anymore! I don't want to loose the job already sent to the printer! Why the H you made a printer think for ourselves? If you did that and let the printer decide what's best for us - not even checking if it has the proper type of paper in that tray - now you tell my printer to carry-on this job on the tray I want to!

Can you do that???

I really thought I bought the smartest printer in the world, but it seems it's not its fault, but its programmers!

So here is my suggestion to your well paid programmers who use only HP printers at home:

- Implement in the printer's menu a modal dialog to ask if you wish to Cancel/Retry or Change the current job settings. From the printer menu! (how do you cancel that job if you didn't print from Windows? resetting the printer? really?) A simple and unique OK option doesn't help at all.

Thank you for reading this.

has anyone resolved this other than turning docs into pdfs? using mac computer and i pad with this printer

Called 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and they were more than helpful getting me the correct drivers. They said the error was in the driver I downloaded. Be sure and call them and they will walk your righ through it! Took no time at all. Thanks Cannon Support. 

CAll us if you need immediate help? That's a joke right? I do my bills on weekends. I am getting the wicked "support code 1007" on my Pixma MX922. It happens all the ALL the time. Canon closes up shop on the weekends folks. No support. I won't be buying any more Canon products. They don't stand behind their products.

I am having the same problem.  Seems to be only with Mac from what I am reading.  Totally fed up!!!  And - this printer is an ink hog

Hi indianola,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I was not getting"support code 1007" notification, but I was getting a notice that I could not print becasue tray 1 was empty, even though I was trying to print using tray 2 on standard letter paper.

Installing an updated driver for OS X Yosemite, per this messages instructions and the provided link, resolved the issue and it only took two minutes or so to download and install the update and begin successfully printing again!

Thank you!

isomkuade
Apprentice

I'm running OSX and we're getting the same issue when my wife is trying to print coupons. Weird. Also somewhat annoying.

Hello isomkuade,

What version of Mac OS X operating system are you using?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

it's horrifying and happens ALL THE TIME especially annoying when I need to pay my bills and print the checks!
Announcements