cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting U052 (type of printhead incorrect) on my Pixma MP610 printer).

Islander
Apprentice

I'm getting a U052 error message on my Pixma MP610 printer.  It reads "The type of printhead is incorrect. Install the correct printhead."  I replaced an ink cartridge that was running low, but still get that message.  I've had the printer for some time and never got that kind of message before.

55 REPLIES 55

Maybe this is the link Tanja is referring to?

http://resetprinters.com/how-to-reset-canon-mp-series-printers-and-fix-common-errors/

Turn ON the printer.
Press and Hold the “Reset button” on the printer.
While pressing the “Reset button“, press and hold the “Color Start” button.
Wait for 5 seconds.
Release the “Color Start” button, and then release the “Reset Button“.
Wait until the printer starts to configure itself. This should take approximately around 20 seconds.
The no. “1” should be on the display, press and hold the “Tool” button and the letter “A” should now be on the display.
While pressing on the “Tool” button, press and hold the “Reset button“.
Wait util there are no more blinking lights on the printer.
Release the “Tool” button, and then release the “Reset Button“.

I have the same problem. I left my printer in the closet for the winter months. it was cold but nt freezing since it's in my new. i just put it away for space reasons and because I didnt have ink. then I bought a new ink. but when i turned it on. it said the error message. i cleaned the printer head as said online. first with hot water but then with alchohol around the bottom. then nothing. i did the combination codes fron above and nothing. i did the plug out method. and NOTHIng. i wonder if i shuold replace the head. its over $100. thats a lot but i do want to know if it will work. Has anybody found a solution. ?????

it is Extremely dissapointing at $700 multiprinter to last only 5 years!!!!! With rare use and amazing care. I took amazing care of it. Even when i put it up it was in a clean clear spot. The warranty was only 2 years. this is utterly dissapointing and a total scam. and the fact that they "dont know" the solution is enerving.

Ain't got no "Reset" button...

I too just received the same message on my MG5370 Pixma printer. I tried everything. After completing all the steps laid out in this forum, I went further. I took the print head and cleaned it until no ink was running from it, I then took the head apart and cleaned it thoroughly inside by removing the 2 screws. After putting it back together and buying new CANON print cartridges I still received the same message. The printer has only been used enough to have to replace the cartridges 2 times since it was bought. I'm forced to buy another printer of the same so I can use the cartridges I just bought but after this, I will never buy another CANON printer again. I feel this is totally unacceptable in this day and age that a printer can't run for more than a year without us having to replace or repair a simple print head. Unacceptable!!

I have the same problem, my model is the MX892, it was an excellent unit one day and dead the next, out of warranty, stuck with about 25 useless ink cartridges, I thought this printer would last for a long while and accumilated ink I will never be able to use.  I can't believe Canon refuses to compensate for these failed units,  I am going to search far and wide for a printer company we can trust, does anyone have ideas?   Google shows thousands of people complaining about  Canon, I guess a good guide is, no complaints, less problems, this sure can't help Canon sales.

God bless all, even Canon

Jim

Jim, 

ve been researching the EPSON models. There are a few that offer a ink tank which I've used in the past. The costs for these are far better than the canon. Anyway, checkout these model numbers. It might help you to make a decision.

Epson L555.  Epson L355. There a few more but it's the direction I'm going to head. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the guidance, I'll check these printers out, it's too bad Canon does not offer some kind of fix, I really like Canon products, cameras, printers etc.  but I may have to choose another simply to get some value out all the ink I have accumilated, it would be a pity to simply throw it away.

God bless

Jim

@kidokwan wrote:

Jim, 

ve been researching the EPSON models. There are a few that offer a ink tank which I've used in the past. The costs for these are far better than the canon. Anyway, checkout these model numbers. It might help you to make a decision.

Epson L555.  Epson L355. There a few more but it's the direction I'm going to head. Hope this helps.

packedmytowel42
Apprentice

I did not have to buy a new print head for fix the U052 error.  Just clean it carefully as the video shows. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEkKGBUSwNg

I tried everything to get my printhead to work again, including takin it apart and cleaning the parts separately before putting it back together. Basically the printhead became absolutely useless after very little use. The cost of replacement printheads are ridiculously expensive and for the price you pay, I feel they should work for a very long time before they break down (if in fact they actually need to break down). The process of cleaning does not always work as n my case and many others. I'm glad yours worked but eventually it will go the way of the rest do........ to the printhead heaven.

Didn't work for me, I'll keep looking,

God bless

Jim

@packedmytowel42 wrote:

I did not have to buy a new print head for fix the U052 error.  Just clean it carefully as the video shows. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEkKGBUSwNg

Announcements