cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting U052 (type of printhead incorrect) on my Pixma MP610 printer).

Islander
Apprentice

I'm getting a U052 error message on my Pixma MP610 printer.  It reads "The type of printhead is incorrect. Install the correct printhead."  I replaced an ink cartridge that was running low, but still get that message.  I've had the printer for some time and never got that kind of message before.

55 REPLIES 55

That's bull.

I tried that and it didn't work. The head was not dirty or streaking.

I can confirm packedmytowel42's suggestion of cleaning the printhead worked on my 8 year old MP600 printer. Many thanks for posting this solution the answer and link to the helpful youtube video.

Yankfroggy
Contributor

UPDATE: CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT HAS BEEN FILED AGAINST CANON FOR U052 ERROR  ISSUE.

DEADLINE DECEMBER 7, 2015 CASE 1:14-CV-00607-SS

Dear Canon,

URGENT: I'm in the middle of an important job due this week. I do not have time nor will I service this barely used printer. The printer was working perfectly until I received this error."TYPE OF PRINTHEAD INCORRECT". I have tried resetting the head, unhookpower, reinstalled the drivers, cleaning, etc. to no avail. This is a weird software glitch. There is no way the print head is already worn out. I have barely used this M5250, and I just purchased 6 SETS of new cartridges. 

I would like credit for a new printer. I am not a complainer by nature but this is really unjust and the bottom line is it's the only way to keep me as a Canon customer is to give me credit for a new printer scanner.. I have been a good customer for Canon since 1977 when i bought my AE1! My current Camera; an SX40 HS also went bad as the flip screen turns upside down erratically by itself.

I have to buy a new printer asap so it's your choice. If I don't get credit, I'll be getting an HP or other make and I'm done with Canon.

Sincerely,

Dennis Farez

Hi, Dennis!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/Canon-Support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

My PIXMSA 610 had the same issues and I filed the complaint form with Canon.  Since I discarded the 610 when I could get no resolution of the printhead problem and no longer have purchase information, all I could do was ask Canon to refer to my registration of the product.  I hope they will reimburse me even though I don't have a receipt. I subsequestly purchased another Canon- MG 2220  - but miss the Pixma 610 which I liked much better.

@Islander wrote:

My PIXMSA 610 had the same issues and I filed the complaint form with Canon.  Since I discarded the 610 when I could get no resolution of the printhead problem and no longer have purchase information, all I could do was ask Canon to refer to my registration of the product.  I hope they will reimburse me even though I don't have a receipt. I subsequestly purchased another Canon- MG 2220  - but miss the Pixma 610 which I liked much better.

I am afraid you are out your money, thousands have this same problem and even though Canon is treatened with a lawsuit they refuse to move, I have been following this forum for months and have not seen one person succeed in getting service from their printer after getting the error message.  If you can, please do some searching on the  web and post here whenever you find something useful.

God bless you

Jim

I starting to think they purposel built in the error so you are forced to buy another one. LOL. So I did. An HP.

You must sit back, and have a good laugh after posting this.

God bless

Jim

@Danny wrote:

Hi, Dennis!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/Canon-Support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Ha! Canned bull. That's the spirit buddy! I installed by new HP last night. Cheers and happy Thanksgiving.

Announcements