cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7020 error printing when working on anothers job

zvmwiseguy
Apprentice

We just installed a new G7020 printer, LAN attached (cabled). Printer seems to function fine for individual printing.

The problem is if another person tries to print while the printer is busy with someone else's job, they get "Error printing on Canon G7000 series The printer couldn't print Document1".  The job goes into their queue with a status of "error - printing - retrying"  and will finally print once the other person's job is done.  If they try to print a second document, the error says that the printer is in an error condition.

I (and others) can print multiple things without issue as long as nothing else is in progress  - things queue up fine and print. No errors received. It is only if the printer is working with someone else's print job.

We are all on Windows 10 with print driver 3.65.2.10 (Canon G7000 Series, Type 3 - User Mode)

Has anyone else experienced something like this or have suggestions on how to correct it? Since more than one person in this office is likely going to be using the printer at the same time, getting rid of that error situation would be a Good Thing!

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi zvmwiseguy,

I recommend contacting our chat team.The real time support would be most beneficial in this case.

To get to the chat feature, click HERE. Once in the chat box, ask to speak to a live person. You will be asked to create a Canon account and once that is done, you will be able to connect with one of our chat agents Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you - we will do that.

lawsonwg
Apprentice

Has anyone solved this problem? I get it too.

Not that I am aware of. Sure is a pain using this printer when more than one person has things to print!!

Announcements