12-29-2020 03:56 PM
I'm guessing from reading some of the other posts that many of us are waiting for updated drivers/scanning software for Big Sur. Printing on the above printer works fine using wi-fi, but scanning is a non-starter, even with all the latest software downloads. I get error message 21345 - failed to open a connection to the device. Same problem occurs when I use Canon IJ Scan Utility Lite. Anyone know of a fix or do I just need to wait for Canon to get an update out?
02-23-2021 11:28 AM
Please follow these steps to resolve this issue:
1. Turn your Mac off.
2. On your PIXMA MG7020, please press the wrench and screwdriver button 1 time
3. Use the right arrow to select Device Settings and press OK
4. Use the right arrow to select LAN settings and press OK
5. Select Wi-Fi and press OK
6. Use the right arrow to select Manual setup and press OK
7. Use the right arrow to select TCP/IP settings and press OK
8. Use the right arrow to select IPv6 and press OK
9. Press OK on the displayed message
10. Press OK on Enable/disable IPv6
11. Use the right arrow to select Disable and press OK
12. Once set, please turn your PIXMA G7020 off.
13. Unplug the power cord from your router. Wait 10 seconds and reconnect the power cord.
14. When your router is back online, please turn your PIXMA G7020 back on.
15. Turn your Mac back on.
Attempt to scan.