Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7020 - Scanning, but not printing from some laptops

davidfrommke
Apprentice

Hello All - 

i am in need of some assistance.  

i have a G7020 printer.

Currently, that particular laptop says that the printer is "Offline". Yet, I am able to scan, and remotely turn off the printre that laptop.

Mean while, I have two or three other laptops where all functions work normally.  I can print, scan, and remotely turn off the printer.

Just the one laptop keeps saying the printer is "offline". I have downloaded the drivers multiple times to this laptop, and nothing changes.

I am unsure where else to look to make this print.

Any suggestions would help.

Thank you.

Dave S

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, Dave!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hello Danny - thanks for the response.

Sorry, I did not include the other information you requested.

The system I am using is a Windows 10.

64 Bit operating with a x64 based processor.

I have downloaded the most current driver's multiple times including a patch that was pushed to the website earlier in the month of October.  

Hopefully, this will help.

Thanks.

dave 

Hi,

Since the issue is only happening on that one device and not the others, there may be a firewall or security setting on that device that is interfering with the printer driver from working correctly. 

I recommend reaching out to Mircosoft support and letting them know you can print, scan, etc from your other devices but not this certain one. They should be able to troubleshoot and resolve what is causing the issue on that one device. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements