cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7020 -- ADF does not work for copying, but works fine for scanning.

PHL1365
Contributor

When copying, the screen gives the message: "Place the original on the platen"

However, when scanning, everything works fine.

Firmware version 1.02, printer says the FW is up to date.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PHL1365
Contributor

Found the issue.

When Copy Intensity is set to Auto Adjust, the ADF is not functional.

The manual is very vague on this. There should be a warning that using Auto Adjust will prevent the ADF from working.

Canon Manual.PNG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

PHL1365
Contributor

Found the issue.

When Copy Intensity is set to Auto Adjust, the ADF is not functional.

The manual is very vague on this. There should be a warning that using Auto Adjust will prevent the ADF from working.

Canon Manual.PNG

Korch
Apprentice

My ADF issue was exactly as you stated and your solution corrected it.  I agree that the manual could have been more specific by way of asterisk notation.  Thank you.

Jack9
Apprentice

I had a similar problem. My document did not cause a beep when inserted into the ADF. Pressing Start only caused the platen to scan for a copy, not feed the documents in the ADF. I went into Copy Intensity, checked the settings (which were fine -- Manual not Auto), came out and pressed Start, and the ADF worked. No idea why. Watching this closely because the device is a lot more flimsy than my previous Canon Pixma printer. This 7020a is not very solidly built and the controls are not as friendly. If not for not being able to update for my new laptop, I'd have been using the old printer still. Not happy with this one. 

Announcements