cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G6020 printed image looks very hazy and lifted - how to calibrate

jin
Apprentice

Hey,

I've just installed the new G6020 to replace the old MX870.

Though it seems to be a very good product I've found the printed image looks very hazy (not blurry though) and lifted compared to the result of the old MX870. For comparison purpose I'm using the same image source as well as the paper/settings. (glossy II)

The color is correct, only the black comes as hazy gray to create a washed-out image.

I've tried to look for the calibration menu but in vain either in pc (mac) or in printer menu.

Does anyone know how to calibrate the printed image? I just want the deep black back.

Interestingly, the document prints out black as good black.

Only the black in photo comes out pretty much lifted grey.

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jin,

Can you scan an image printed by your G6020 so we can view the issue that you are describing?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. For a quicker response, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having the same problem. Just got the G6020 and text is printing great. Black and white photos though are faded. Here is a b&w picture I tried to print  I got. Any help to correct is appreciated. Love the printer but if I am not able to print a deep black in photos, I will need to return.

Thank you

Les Monita

Lucianp1
Apprentice

I am having the same problem too. Most of my work is scanning from the platten. Blacks come out gray. Also hard to match up color quality to represent original. Should this be normal without major adjustment?

Announcements