cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G3000 won't print black

Sofiaromero
Apprentice

My canon g3000 doesn't print black, already cleaned and the problem persists. Colors work fine and the tank is more than half way full.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It worked when the alarm button flashed 3 times

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

BillS
Mentor

Hi sofiaromero,

Let's start by performing a nozzle check.

1. Make sure that the power is turned on.
  2. Load a single sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the rear tray.

3. Pull out the paper output tray, then open the output tray extension.

4. Hold down the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes once, then release it immediately.

The nozzle check pattern will be printed.

Do not perform any other operations until the machine completes the printing of the nozzle check pattern.

5. Examine the nozzle check pattern.

If the black grid pattern or any of the color blocks are broken or missing, futher cleanings may be required.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It worked when the alarm button flashed 3 times

Thanks for the advice!!!

It works for me also when alarm does 3 flashes

Thank you it helped me too 🙂

The cleaning worked when I wanted for the flash 2 times. However it did not automatically print the nozzle test pattern. However I went ahead and did a test print, and it came out fine now.

My MP610 prints in faded gray from Excel spreadsheet. Ready to trash this printer - and its new print cartridge.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

mdeva,

For assistance with your issue, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I was having a similar issue where it just was not printing black at all.

I went to printer properties and in the maintenance tab of the printer you can select deep cleaning and then I ran another nozzle check test page and the black ribbon showed up.

Thanks,

Announcements