cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G3000 won't print black

Sofiaromero
Apprentice

My canon g3000 doesn't print black, already cleaned and the problem persists. Colors work fine and the tank is more than half way full.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It worked when the alarm button flashed 3 times

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

I hve run the printer head cleaner threetimes and although the black ink has been filled, it still won't print.  It ALSO won't print the nozzle check pattern.  There is paper inthe machine and I have run the diagnostics as the msanual says.  I can hear it cleaning but nothing gets printed. 

I followed the solution and the print nozzle check pattern did not print.

smitha0030
Apprentice

i have done the same thing i turned of the printer and then i tuned on the printer and I hold the stop button until warning alaram flashes now black color is printing when i test it for nozzle pattern  but when i give a webpage call (Removed link as per Forum Guidelines) home page for checking all colors i am getting white lines like gap now what should i do i need to clean the header or i need to follow the same procedure of using stop button but lot of my ink is wasting.how to fix it please help me 

Hello smitha0030,

I understand that you are continuing to have some printing issues with your PIXMA G3000 series Printer. Performing two cleanings may resolve this issue. The following steps will assist you in performing the cleaning process:

1. Make sure the power is turned on and the printer is not displaying a support code.
  2. Hold down the STOP button until the ALARM lamp flashes twice, release during the second flash.
    1. The machine will start cleaning the print head.
    2. The cleaning will be complete when the ON lamp light stops flashing. 
    3. Do not perform any other operations until the machine completes the cleaning of the print head. This takes about 1 minute.
  3. Perform step 2 again.

Now that the cleaning process has been completed, please print the nozzle check pattern. The following steps will assist you:

1. Make sure the power is turned on and the printer is not displaying a support code.
  2. Load a single sheet of letter-size or A4 paper into the rear tray.
  3. Pull out the paper output tray, then open the output tray extension.
  4. Hold down the STOP button until the ALARM lamp flashes one time, release during the flash.
    • The nozzle check pattern will print.
    • Do not perform any other operations until the machine completes the printing of the nozzle check pattern.
  5. Examine the nozzle check pattern.
    • The black grid at the top should have boxes of the same uniform sizes. (They will be slightly offset.)
    • The Cyan/Magenta/Yellow bars should be of a pastel color, the second bar should be approximately 25% lighter than the first, and there should not be white lines within the bars

ALANFISCHER
Apprentice

I ALSO HAVE THIS PROBLEM - IS IT A COMMON PROBLEM WITH THE Q3000? 

I HAVE TRIED DEEP CLEANING MULTIPE TIMES BUT IT WILL STILL WILL NOT PRINT IN BLACK.

THE PRINTER IS LESS THAN  YEAR OLD AND I HAVE ONLY USED HALF OF ONE BOTTLE OF INK.

I SUSPECT THAT THE NOZZLES ARE BLOCKED BUT CANNOT FIND HOW TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM.

OS ANYBODY ABLE TO OFFER ADVISE?

Hello, ALANFISCHER,

Per the Community Guidelines found HERE, please do not post in ALL CAPS. We reserve the right to remove posts that are in all caps, due to them being percieved as yelling. 

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market. Canon USA does not sell or support a model Q3000. 

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Apologies for the caps - It was not deliberate.
My printer is G3000 - my mistake.
I now see that I have an error code 5B00.
Regards

ai contacted Canon with the same problem and, as I was out of warranty, they sold me a new black print head for $59Cdn.  My black problem is resolved, but now I have no colored ink flowing to the color print head.  Canon's answer to this was that I should probably buy a new printer $240 Cdn) as it would probably be cheaper than sending it in for repair!  I see they now have a new G3260 printer with a different ink number.

Hi Kiwi5715, I also ended up buying a new printer and have had no further problems.

Anastazja
Apprentice

Mine stopped printing in black, but printed fine in all the colors (same ink levels). After I ran deep clean, it prints in black, but not in magenta. Another deep clean of just the color toners didn't do anything. Help?

Announcements